Hot and Cool: Class Discussion


“Welcome to high school, the world of multitasking!” -myself

After just a few weeks of being in high school, I have realized that the work load is very different than the work load of middle school. I’ve had hours of homework almost every night, and I know this is just the beginning of a long journey. I’ve been getting less sleep as well, because I’m up later and I have to get up earlier than when I was in middle school. And guess what lots of homework and little sleep causes? Stess! With all of my homework and extra curricular activities after school, I know that I am going to have to master the art of multitasking. 

Okay, you are probably wondering why any of this has anything to do with journalsim. With what little time that I have left in the day, I want to catch up on the news and what is happening around me. In these instances, I always depend on cool media sources. Things like the radio, television broadcasts, and music. I can listen to these things while getting my priorities done. Needless to say, hot media sources, like newspaper, books, and this blog, are still very important in my life. If I have some free time in the day, I will try to use hot media sources. However, the majority of my time of the day is spent in times of homework and stress. During these times, it is always nice to have cool media sources to listen to so I can catch up with the world, while doing other things that need to get done. I use cool media sources all the time, but I never knew the term for them. Cool media sources ( and Mr. Miller, of course) have saved my life.

Comments